Position: Commissioning Engineer
Salary: Neg DOE Plus Vehicle, Phone, Laptop
Elk Recruitment is looking for a Commissioning Engineer on behalf of our prestigious client who is a provider of premium security solutions dedicated to protecting small, mid-size and large companies with the latest products and services designed to control access, reduce potential theft and implement an effective risk management system.
- Completion of preliminary documentation and equipment checks.
- Troubleshooting of equipment, instrumentation and processes.
- Working with Process Engineers on process optimisation and continuous improvement to security systems
- Working with design teams in the application of process and control solutions.
- Liaising between site engineering and management staff.
- Adherence to all H&S legislation, documentation and procedures.
- Completion of Commissioning Documentation on-site and return to Head Office.
- Co-ordination of project close-out stages including handover to the end user or Operations Department.
- Applicable Electrical Qualification.
- Certification in either S2, Lenel, C-Cure Access Control Systems.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience, preferably in the Security sector.
- Good working and process knowledge of the Security sector.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning, organisational, training, teamwork, problem resolution skills
- Excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
- Full, clean driving license
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship’s already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more call Arlene Curtis on 0860651940 in complete confidence
Commercial Manager – Sevenoaks OR London
**Commercial Manager Job in Sevenoaks or London**
**Great opportunity to join a rapidly growing consultancy as a Commercial Manager based in Sevenoaks or London, offering a salary of between £90k – £120k + Discretionary Bonus + Travel, with quick progression up to Commercial Director level for the right candidate. The role will take commercial lead over their cost consultancy function across major new build/regeneration projects in the private and public sector ranging from £5m – £100m+. They are looking for a Commercial Manager with strong experience in new build residential and high-rise projects, with an excellent track record of leading a commercial team and experience working for a main contractor or housebuilder.**
The consultancy offers a multitude of services to include project management, surveying, cost consultancy, and design management, and specialise in residential, affordable and major regeneration projects for developers, RPs, and Local Authorities. Made up of around 95 employees and 4 offices, they are continuing to grow successfully with a strong pipeline of work across London, Midlands and the Southeast.
**Role & Responsibilities**
– Lead a commercial team of 5
– Lead and undertake development appraisals
– Cost planning and estimating
– Work with Design Managers to maximise client development opportunities
– Manage Joint Venture partnerships
– Support the QS team on residential projects including EA services from pre-contract through to final account
– Provide general cost and contractual advice to PMs and EAs on residential developments
– Manage, develop and grow the Cost Consultancy Team including, training and developing team members and providing support where needed
– Introduce and adopt processes and procedures to ensure efficient team delivery and incorporate into the existing systems
**Required Skills & Experience**
– Experience working at Commercial Manager level
– Main Contractor and/or housebuilder background
– Residential new build experience to include high-rise projects
– Pre-contract experience through to final sign off
– Experience in current procurement routes including joint venture management, value management and value engineering
– Understanding of basic project modelling and financial viability principles
– Knowledge of common construction contracts, with excellent experience in programme management
– Experienced in leading a commercial team
– Ideally MRICS or MCIOB or working towards
– UK Driving Licence and own car
**What you get back**
– Salary of £90,000 – £120,000 + Discretionary Bonus + Travel
– 33 Days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays (+ Birthday + Christmas)
– Contributory Pension
– Private medical insurance
– Support with professional subscriptions
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
**Commercial Manager Job in Sevenoaks or London – Your Property Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Kelly Job Ref: 12009)**
Senior ICT Project Manager
Senior ICT Project Manager sought to join a global real estate firm operating within the data centre and technologies sectors. You will be joining a business that has achieved exceptional growth since its formation in 2011, delivering over 450MW of capacity and establishing operations across Europe, Asia & The Americas. With additional investment planned, they continue their expansion at a pace offering a challenging and highly rewarding opportunity for those seeking to progress their careers.
Joining the Tech Division as s Senior ICT Project Manager will lead the delivery of projects across the UK typically on hyper-scale facilities, either on their own colocation facilities or working directly with end users, which include major tech firms. Your portfolio of projects will range from existing and new Datacentre Developments to include fit outs, asset replacement and the upgrade of ICT, Security & Network systems.
- Lead the project delivery team ensuring targets are achieved,
- Assess and manage project risk throughout the project life cycle,
- Work closely with campus operation teams to ensure compliance,
- Lead client engagement throughout the project life cycle,
- Take responsibility for the commercial performance of the project,
The role is suited to a project manager / project lead who is experienced in the delivery of complex ICT projects, ideally within a critical environment, who possess a solid technical understanding of ICT infrastructure, Security and Converged Networks.
- Background in presenting to senior management and board level,
- Able to demonstrate an ability to define strategy & route to market,
- A clear track record in developing and building new business opportunities,
In return, you will receive a competitive basic salary and package to include:
- Basic salary to £90,000
- Car Allowance,
- Annual bonus up to 30%,
- Share scheme,
- Plus, a range of flexible fringe benefits
Assistant Network Engineer
Job Title: Assistant Network Engineer
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove
Business Area: Highways
Contract: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: Competitive + Company Car + Pension + 26 days annual leave + benefits
Let’s shape a world, together.
Kier Group is many things to many people. We’re a leading Regional Builder, the UK’s No. 1 Highways service team and a Top-Three Utility & Power provider. We’re an industry-leader in health and safety at work – and a responsible citizen who adds billions of pounds of social value to the communities where we do business. Above all, we’re a team of people built on many backgrounds and experiences, a company that values you for who you are and what you do.
The Assistant Network Engineer will be responsible for the effective management of reactive and proactive surfacing, other emergency works and small schemes across the Area 9 contract. Be part of the out of hours response rota for emergencies and winter maintenance as required.
The Assistant Engineer will work in conjunction with the Highways inspectors, Asset Operational Managers, Team leaders, Asset Development and Commercial staff to deliver repairs in line with contractual requirements. Develop and deliver small schemes/emergency schemes on the network including programming, scheme plans, resource planning, record keeping, network updates and handovers. Prepare scheme packs, analysing and managing risk and methodology of works in line with CDM regulations. Attend regular team meetings (to include sub-consultants) in order to plan the immediate work, co-ordinate disciplines and identify any areas of concern on deliverables. Lead on governance and feasibility of schemes to ensure all schemes are delivered as per the client’s definitive requirements. Ensure that team members are provided with briefing statements, and clearly communicate any changes.
What do we need from you?
Relevant experience of working within the highways industry including knowledge of construction, design, scheme delivery, network operations and asset management. Able to demonstrate experience or knowledge of team leadership, people management skills. Good interpersonal skills and ability to adapt your approach/style to different situations and personnel. Knowledge of Health and Safety and traffic management requirements especially relating to highways operations. Computer literate in regard to Microsoft software programmes, especially excel spreadsheets, outlook and word documents. Full Driving licence.
What will you receive?
You can expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a company car or allowance, a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days’ annual leave + bank holidays (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday) together with two employee Share Scheme options (Sharesave and Share Incentive Plan). To find out more about the rewards and benefits at Kier, .
It’s worth remembering that if you are successful, we’ll undertake the relevant / standard pre-employment checks after you have been offered a job. This includes taking up your references, verifying your right to work in the UK, verifying your driving licence (if applicable) and a health assessment.
Thinking. Doing. Innovating. Delivering.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being Collaborative, Trusted and Focused. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is committed to creating supportive and inclusive opportunities for all of our applicants and employees. We appreciate applicants from all backgrounds and we specifically encourage those from underrepresented communities to apply. If you’d like to learn more about our commitments to diversity and inclusion at Kier, you can contact the team by emailing InclusiveRecruitment@kier.co.uk
If you require any reasonable adjustments during any part of the application process, please let us know so we can discuss and arrange these.
Closing Date: 15th November 2021
Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early.
Recruitment Agencies – opportunities at Kier are managed by our internal recruitment team. We are unable to accept unsolicited CVs and communications from external recruiters. If there is a specific business need a member of the recruitment team will engage with agencies who have signed up to our PSL to ensure all CV’s are uploaded onto our portal to be considered. For further information, visit our Careers Help page
Ringway to replace Kier on Surrey roads deal worth up to £2.5bn
Commercial Manager – Sevenoaks OR London
Nimble & Productive: Bobcat’s New L65 and L85 Compact Wheel Loaders
Commissioning Engineer Security Industry
Used Equipment Prices Are Strong Right Now. Here’s Why.
Jobs3 months ago
Tech7 months ago
Used Equipment Prices Are Strong Right Now. Here’s Why.
Construction Law8 months ago
Slip & Slide: two lessons from adjudication
Business2 years ago
How To Renovate a Victorian House
Business2 years ago
How Can I Make the Best Use of my Time at Home?
Business11 months ago
How to Get a Gold Supervisory CSCS Card
Business8 months ago
‘We need to fix social care’
Construction Law7 months ago
Deadline for bringing a claim for ‘continuing nuisance’